What To Bring Hunting

Rates Archery Rifle Photos Bring

All Packages Include
  • float plane transportation to and from outpost
  • clean, well-equipped outpost cabin
  • propane BBQ
  • all cooking, eating utensils
  • propane fridge, stove, solar powered lights
  • showers, hot and cold running water
  • 14′ aluminum boat (2 persons per boat)
  • 9.9 H.P. Johnson and Mercury motors
  • gas (all you need)
  • Radio Phones
  • What to Bring Hunting
    First aid kit
    Sleeping bag
    Life Jacket
    Vice grips
    Needle nose pliers
    Small plastic bags
    Garbage bags
    Wash Cloths
    Measuring Tape
    Dish Cloth
    Dish Soap
    Tea Towels
    Paper Towels
    Toilet Paper
    Suitable clothes
    Rain gear
    Sun Block
    For Fishing For Hunting
    2 rods
    Spare reel
    Tackle box
    Landing net
    Bait bucket
    Filet knife
    Fly dope
    Light rope
    Mosquito coils
    Meat saw
    Warm clothing
    Long underwear
    Rope, Come-along
    Boots, Hip waders
    Game bags
    All Packages Include

    We’ve prepared a special report to help make your trip-preparation a breeze! While the report *is* called What To Bring Fishing, we think you’ll still find it very helpful!

    Download and print the Kashabowie Outposts Report

    What To Bring Fishing Hunting

    All of our Remote Outpost Cabins are well-equipped! Guests are responsible to bring their own personal gear, hunting gear, beverages and groceries. Use the list and and stock up in Thunder Bay, International Falls or Atikokan.

    Bringing Your Gun Into Canada

    Important Firearms information for non-residents of Canada

    Non-resident gun hunters must fill out and file a
    Non-Resident Firearm Declaration form.

    For more information,
    See the Canadian Firearms Center website at www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca

    Note: In order to acquire a Canadian hunting license, you must have in your possession a current or expired big game license to prove your experience as a sportsman and hunter. THIS IS A CANADIAN LAW. We are not able to issue you a Canadian license without this proof – or you will be required to take a Canadian Hunter Safety Course.

    Hunting licenses are available at our base. Because our hunting seasons change slightly each year, please write or phone us at (807) 929-2140 for this year’s dates.

    Customers Who Bring Firearms Into Canada

    Customers who temporarily bring firearms into Canada must generally declare their firearms in writing, using the Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Form (form JUS 909 EF) . Once a customs officer has confirmed the declaration and issued a confirmation number, the declaration form will serve as a license and registration certificate, showing that you are in legal possession of the firearm(s).

    To save time at the border, you should also fill out the declaration form in advance, in triplicate, leaving the signature block empty. Photocopies of the original, completed form are acceptable. The original form and all duplicates must be signed in front of the customs officer.

    A confirmed declaration costs $50 Canadian and is valid for up to 60 days. If you stay in Canada for longer than 60 days, you can renew the declaration before it expires by calling the Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) of the applicable province or territory. You can contact the CFO by calling 1-800-731-4000.

    Visitors will need to have a new confirmation number each time they enter Canada . If they are bringing the same firearms each time, they can use the same form and have it reconfirmed at the border.

    If you bring different firearms into the country, on successive visits, you must complete the Non Resident Firearm Declaration Form ( form JUS 910 EF) in triplicate, also to be signed in front of a customs officer. These forms can also be downloaded from the web at http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca or ordered by calling 1-800-731-4000 (available in Canada or US.)

    You will only have to pay the $50 once in a 12-month period for a confirmed declaration, no matter how many new or renewed declarations that you require within that period.

    Non-resident customers need a firearms license to import firearms.

    For customers who bring their own firearms into Canada, a confirmed Non-Resident Firearm Declaration form JUS 909EF will serve as a license.

    For more information,
    See the Canadian Firearms Center website at www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca